Amidst all the technological advances and emerging marketing trends in real estate, email marketing remains to be a relevant platform that you can use to engage your prospects, increase website traffic, boost your sales, and build brand loyalty. However, the proven success of this platform also means that your leads’ inboxes may be overflowing with emails. How do you ensure then, that the ones you send out are read and acted upon? Here are 7 effective ways to optimize your email marketing campaign:
Recently, Social Media has become an ever present part of our day to day lives. By making it accessible through our smart phones, tablets and other devices that we carry around with us, there really is no reason not to take advantage of the different channels we have in order to boost our online presence.
Here are some noteworthy statistics:
- 90 percent of home buyers searched online at some point during their home buying process. (NAR 2012 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers)
- 14 percent of home buyers first looked online for information about the home buying process. (NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers 2013)
- More than half of Gen Y and Gen X buyers used a mobile device during their home search. Among those who did, 31 percent of Gen Y and 26 percent of Gen X found the home they ultimately purchased via a mobile device. (NAR Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends Report 2015)
- Real estate related searches on Google grew 253 percent over the past four years. (Google Internal Data, Q3 2012)
This is probably why 91% of Realtors have been reported to be using social Media to some extent. So in the midst of all the information out there and all the competition, how can you ensure that you are utilizing Social Media to increase your visibility with potential customers? Here are the Top 5 tips we have found to be most useful:
It is a well-known fact that the Real Estate Industry sees a dip in business during the holidays. With school out and people preparing for the season’s festivities not very many people are looking to strike huge business deals and such. Despite that fact there are many ways to keep your business going. If you are one of those people who would actually like to enjoy your holidays then this is the perfect time to delegate holiday related tasks to your Real Estate Virtual Assistant.
- Send Out Holiday Greetings- This is a great time to send a personalized greeting to our past, current and/or potential clients. Whether it is a gift basket, some homemade treats, a postcard or even an email, use this as an opportunity to really ingrain how much you care and how much you appreciate your contacts. Include specific details to show them that you pay attention and they are important to you. For example “How is your son John doing? Last time we spoke, you told me was preparing for a semester abroad, how did that go?”
- Offer Special Holiday Deals- Who doesn’t love a good deal? The right offer just might pique someone’s interest enough to take time from the holiday hubbub to make a deal. Whether its freebies or rebates, offering an awesome deal can definitely be a great way to try and bring in some business.
- Make Follow-up Phone Calls- Prospecting during the holidays may not be met with the most enthusiasm. So instead use this time to call your past clients. Greet them and ask them how they are doing, also remind them to keep you in mind if any of their friends or family mentions needing a service that you provide during one of their holiday parties. Keep the call quick and simple but sincere.
- Get Ready for After the Holidays- Use the lull to zoom in on concerns that normally get set aside when business is in full swing. Update office systems, clean-up your database, or outline an action plan. Take advantage of the downtime by getting things ready for the upcoming year.
- Gather New Information- During this time of the year there are many conferences that are going on all over the country, do some research and see what would benefit you and your business, you may even get a vacation out of it, bring your family along! If you can’t travel, then pick-up a book or 2 related to your industry and brush-up on ideas and methods you have been wanting to look into. Read more
The top two most inconsistent and neglected activities that real estate agents MUST do…
…Do you know what they are?
The first is Prospecting [Lead Generation]…obviously the key to your business. Without leads, you’re dead in the water. Those leads can come from asking for referrals – sure, but before you can get referrals, you have to close some deals.
As important as lead generation is, lead follow-up and nurturing is a very close second. Lead follow-up could be even more important to be honest. You can buy leads, but you can’t buy a relationship. Read more
Stop Selling And Start Providing Massive Value
This is a motto we are spreading throughout the industry. Statistics on our side and prove that the more you give on the front-end for your clients, the law of reciprocity will play out in your favor.
This is the key to your success, whether you want it to be or not. Read more
What do I tweet? That is the biggest question about using twitter. Let’s start with this question for you to ponder:
How should you use twitter? You’re going to find out in a few moments, so stick with me here.
It is quite surprising that less than 48% of real estate professionals are using Twitter. What? There are nearly a billion users on twitter, how could you make the conscious choice to remove yourself from that enormous pool of prospects?
Here are some tips to get you excited to use Twitter for your Real Estate Business: Read more
Do you spend a lot of time organizing and attempting to execute a marketing strategy that you’re not equipped for? Do you have the time to do your social media engagement, website updates, and the creation of flyers and other collateral?
Chances are you, the answer to all of those is the same…you don’t have the time, nor the expertise to execute on it all. PLUS, isn’t your job to sell homes?
Last we checked, real estate agents weren’t “marketers.” Check out this infographic to see more of what your Marketing Virtual Assistant will do for you here: Read more
“A dollar saved is a dollar earned” as the saying goes. Who doesn’t want to save more money? Now, marketing for your real estate business can cost a pretty penny. However, with a marketing real estate virtual assistant by your side (figuratively of course), there are quite a few things that you can do on your own. Once you have a solid real estate marketing plan in place, you can look over it and find different areas and items that you can do without having to spend a lot of money.
Here are some marketing ideas that you can execute with a real estate virtual assistant:
1. Offline Marketing – There are lots of awesome programs and software, many with free versions, that you can use to create your offline or print marketing materials yourself. Getting them done professionally usually costs a lot of many and can be a waste of resources. Your can conceptualize ideas and have your real estate virtual assistant create your business cards, fliers, postcards, newsletters, mailers and even t-shirts and other swag items. Once you have the perfect design you can have them printed and voila! You have your print media ready! Some other offline marketing you can do is to host or participate in local events. Fundraisers for your favorite local charity, neighborhood yard sales and even a neighborhood barbecue. You can also participate in your community’s events by being a sponsor or just attending various community events. Find opportunities to offer your services and hand out your business cards.
2. Email Marketing– Email can be another great resource and medium for you to do your own real estate marketing. Again there are many email campaign managing software and programs available for you to use. You can send out holiday greetings, electronic newsletters, surveys etc… You can also create drip campaigns for special events or offers you may have. You can collaborate with your real estate virtual assistant and create a weekly or monthly emails schedule and create the content together. You can also reach out to other local businesses in your area and host online or live events together. For example, if there is a new restaurant opening in your area, perhaps you can give your clients or contacts a voucher or host an event there and those who give you a referral gets something for free like dessert or an appetizer. Spread the word via your email campaigns! The possibilities are limitless.
Your website is up and running, you’ve worked out a great design and you have filled-it with great content. So how do you get more traffic? When 59% of homebuyers begin their home searches online and 95% of buyers use the internet, you want to be sure that when someone is looking in your area, they find your website. You could say, now more than ever, your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important. We’ve discussed building a winning real estate website before. (See: http://www.myoutdesk.com/tips-for-a-winning-real-estate-website/). Now, let’s talk about getting traffic to that amazing website.
Gaining traffic is a full time effort. Hiring a real estate virtual assistant to manage your website and dedicate time to gaining traffic may be a great first step. While your input and overall approval for anything and everything you publish online will be essential, it can be a great resource to have someone fully dedicated to bolstering your online presence and reach.
So how do you get more traffic? Here are some tips to help you optimize your real estate website.
You probably know that your Real Estate Website is extremely important. A majority of home searches occur online, and by majority, we mean a whopping 94%. In fact 96% first time home buyers start their home search online. This is why it is extremely important for you to make sure that your website is maximizing all opportunities. You want to be sure that if someone visit’s your site, it makes enough of an impression for them to share their contact information and to come back.
So what makes a winning Real Estate Website? Here are some tips to make sure your website is at its best:
1. Make your content meaningful- Aside from your listings, make sure that there is valuable information in your website. You have a chance to prove your expertise in your area and community. Local content is what can set you apart from other home search sites because what you can offer is a personal touch. Produce content that highlights your area and community, talk about the best restaurants, the school districts, local museums and beloved parks and other things that are specific and unique to your area. Not only will this be a benefit to you and those perusing your site, this will definitely help bump you up in Search Engine optimization or SEO, since the new trend is all about organic content and building your audience through the quality of your content. Be an expert in your area about your community. Make your website more than an online brochure of the properties you have for sale. Give people value by telling them what you offer and why there is no better choice than you.